Buying real estate in the United States is not a complicated process. The following are step-by-step guidance for getting ready for the purchase:
1. Carefully read through all contents of this website. We have worked hard to provide you with concise and specific information, and hope that you will take the time to read and familiarize yourself with the process.
2. If you intend to make a cash purchase, you will need to provide proof of funds – it can be a letter from your bank showing your (the buyer’s) name and an account balance equal to or greater than the price you offered. The letter must be issued within 30 days. Proof of funds from a Chinese bank showing the account balance in RMB is acceptable, but it must be accompanied by an English translation of the letter. If you intend to take out a mortgage loan, please have a pre-qualification letter ready either from a US bank or from a mortgage company.
3. If you do not have a bank account in the United States, please open one. This account is used to collect rental payments from your tenants and to pay expenses associated with your property, such as property taxes, insurance premiums, homeowner association fees, utilities, property management fees, repairs and maintenance, etc.. For your and your tenant’s convenience, we strongly suggest that you open an account with either Bank of America or SunTrust (both banks have branches through Florida), and activate online payment function. We urge international investors to open such a bank account when you have a chance to visit the United States.
2. 如果是现金购房，请准备一份资金证明(proof of funds)，证明你有足够的现金购房，上面要有购房者的名字，余额要等于或大于房价，最好是３０天以内开出的，中国的银行开的人民币资金证明是可以接受的，但要求有英文。如果是用贷款购房，请准备一份由银行或者贷款公司开的贷款资格批准证明(pre-qualification letter)。
3. 开设一个美国的银行账户。这个银行账户主要用于您接受租客的租金和您支付与投资房相关的费用, 比如房地产税，房屋保险费，社区管理费，水电费和物业公司的管理费，修理费等，为便于租客,尤其是长期出租房的租客,定期支付您的租金,我们建议您在Bank of America 或者SunTrust开设银行账户，并建议开通网上支付功能。所以，美国以外的投资人，一定要记住在有机会来美国的时候，去Bank of America 或者SunTrust 开设一个银行账户。